MARKETING INTERN (PART-TIME, UNPAID)
Work in a startup for the summer! Interested in the publishing industry? Want to test your chops on building a community…from scratch?
BabyBird is looking for marketing support to build its brand under BabyBird Guides and ensure the current lineup of ebooks receives maximum exposure globally. We are an early-stage startup, founded in Austin, Texas, and our offices are anywhere there’s an internet connection..
Work directly with the Founder of BabyBird, a marketing professional with experiences supporting companies from Fortune 50 to small business. We need help to build the community around the BabyBird Guide brand, including the development of the in-market voice, determining best social media approach, and executing community outreach. This is an incredible opportunity for someone starting out in their marketing career to learn hands-on what it takes to launch a new brand.
Responsibilities will include:
• Developing a social media strategy and making the pitch for the recommendations
• Building a community target list for specific ebooks within the portfolio
• Drafting the outreach letter for the community target list
• Executing all community outreach, utilizing the templates and target list created
• Identifying other marketing opportunities to build the brand globally
• Executing all LinkedIn and Facebook updates
• Other miscellaneous marketing activities, including content development and providing fresh eyes on other activities
• Recently graduated, or soon to graduate, from a college-level marketing program
• An interest in the startup scene and a passion for learning what it takes to launch a brand
• You have all the tools you need already to get the job done (Basic computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft suite of products)
• Ability to work at least 20 hours weekly throughout the summer (minimum six week period)
• Independent worker who is results-oriented
• Passionate about achieving success and figuring it out
• Completed coursework in social media, content management and digital media preferred
• Location: anywhere! Preferably within North American timezones
What You’ll Receive:
• Royalties from ebooks sold (this is not a guarantee of income – details to be negotiated). Consider this a bonus vs. payment. The position is unpaid.
• An experienced marketing executive as mentor
• Work well done will be celebrated – whether a job offer when you’re done, or making connections to people looking to hire – with glowing referrals
• An amazing experience you’ll tell every future prospect
• Willingness to discuss the awarding of credits with your school for the work completed if you’ve not graduated yet
Interested? Write to Tanya@BabyBirdGuide.com and tell us the#1 reason you are the person for the job and please attach your resume as well.